Friday was very anticlimactic. I’m exhausted from the world’s longest week. I’ll spare you the boring run down of my day. I shall instead give you a list of things I’m looking forward to this fall.
- September 20th: It will be Notorious MAG’s big 2-5. I don’t know how I’m going to top last year’s awesome mixed CD. You’re wondering how a mixed CD could be that good? Believe it, baby.
- September 23rd: Move-In day. All my lovely students will be moving in to their apartments. This means a fresh crop of international students! I get them the whole year, not just for six months. Please, Santa! Send me some pretty boys with a cute accents and crazy girls to take on taco runs!
- New shoes: Fall is the time of year when you’re supposed to get new stuff, just like when you’re a kid and you went school shopping with your family. I think I’d like a pair of Mary Janes, perhaps some clogs, tall boots, and maybe even some new heels. I can never just buy one pair; they find me at least three pairs at a time!
- October: It’s a month, it’s a state of bliss, and it’s trying my frakking patience. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you need to. It’s called Netflix, people.
- You’ve Got Mail: It’s the perfect fall movie because Joe wants to send Kathleen a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils!
- The Dresden Dolls: (Don’t you just love how I go from Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan and their wholesome romantic comedy to raunchy punk cabaret?) The BF and I are going to attempt to see them with Lucky 10-Key again. They’ve got a slew of shows in the state. Who’s up for it? I just got tickets for Friday, October 13th. Wicked. If you’re interested, let me know!
- Sweet Charity: I’m planning on going to see this fabulous musical in Los Angeles with Suzie Q and Davie. Molly Ringwald will be starring as Charity Hope Valentine! I can’t wait. Lucky 10-Key and I had the chance to see Christina Applegate in Sweet Charity on Broadway, but time (and the Hamptons) made it impossible.