I have been trying to hold on to my last shreds of sanity this week. Lots has been going on at work—Dave’s back from paternity leave, I’m planning the travel itineraries for several coworkers, it is payroll close, and it was Halloween (a very big deal in a small University town). On top of that I’ve been sneaking off to physical therapy (damn white collar injuries!) and jaunting all the way across town to do various things condo-related.
Still, I have managed to be a huge screw up in all arenas in life. On Tuesday I avoided working for seven hours. I haven’t really followed through on my physical therapy exercises consistently. I spent two days feeling so desperate for creativity I thought I might never write again. Today I managed to park for twelve minutes at the condo and get a ticket because it was street cleaning day. Never mind that the BF and I had just put down a huge wad of cash for our refinished floors. The only reason I didn’t throw a hissy fit was because I had just enjoyed my favorite meal at my favorite restaurant. Food makes me happy, and apparently even forgiving.
I just wanted to let you know I’m still alive, though sometimes I want to hang myself in the enormous curtains that are currently balled up in the BF’s trunk. Anyone have any ideas about how to replace 171×96 and 71×96 inch curtains for a reasonable price. No? I didn’t think so…
So after such a long list of reasons to be emo, I’m going to make like Oprah and tell you about a few of my favorite things.
- Cole Haan Shoes: Seriously, just like Oprah, I too adore Cole Haan heels. I wore my Paris heels to work on Tuesday because they went fabulously with my flapper getup. (My coworker Nancy K. thought I was Laura Bennett from Project Runway.)
- Poppy Ring: I got my Poppy Ring with a beautiful black pearl from the Darrien Segal this weekend. I like to stare at it while typing at work. Oooh! Shiny! I am so very easily amused.
- Wet & Wild French Manicure Set: For just under $4 you too can have elegant French tip nails. Patience and hand-eye coordination sold separately.
- TV! My line-up includes: The Class, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, Justice, and Studio 60 on Mondays; Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars on Tuesdays; Top Model, Bones, and Top Chef on Wednesdays; My Name is Earl, The Office, Ugly Betty, Grey’s Anatomy, and Six Degrees on Thursdays; Battlestar Galactica on Fridays. Yes, I know I watch too much TV. But you tell me where to cut back! This is quality-programming, people!
- Pie and Cake: It’s a Lisa Loeb album (that I don’t actually own…) and something tasty that I can’t get enough of. I ate my favorite blackberry pie on Saturday when my parents came to town to help with a few small repairs (Hey! That’s a Shawn Colvin album. I don’t own it either…). Today we had carrot cake at work for my coworker’s birthday. Yum-o. I am a dessert fiend!
- Last, but certainly not least, my favorite thing is you! Thanks for reading the slightly incoherent ramblings from a nobody/Girl Friday/condo owner. You rock like the casbah.