I just want to say hello and thank you to my friends who have been inquiring what’s up with Girl Friday. I didn’t really mean to fall of the face of the planet, but life has been a little nutty lately. To catch you up to speed I have composed a lovely list of highlights:
- We’ve been living at the condo since November 12th. Prior to that we had the hardwood floors refinished, and had a dishwasher installed. Unfortunately, we had to keep the pink toilet, but I have to say it’s growing on me. I still have not caught up on laundry—it’s all in the cart that I stuck inside the bathtub, hidden by a lovely shower curtain. We still have boxes everywhere. I am in no rush to get everything unpacked as I have coined the term “Post- Modern Transit Chic.” Notorious M.A.G. is in full support of my decorating style, she claims to have two whole rooms in her house appointed in this décor.
- Work was horrible this month, but I’ve been making up my slacker time this week. My boss has been in Vegas, so I have arrived late, left mid-day to attend “work-related” parties, taken long lunches, and spent inordinate amounts of time chatting with international
- I got in a smallish car accident today when I was leaving my very last physical therapy appointment. A judge backed into my poor, downtrodden car. As if it doesn’t have enough issues already! (The most recent problem is the driver’s side window. It won’t roll down. I guess it’s a good thing I’ve watched Alias enough to know how to escape from a submerged vehicle and survive!) I will hopefully take it in to the shop tomorrow and get some estimates for the repairs. Blah. Grr. I don’t know what else to say. Be careful out there. Driving is apparently dangerous.
- It is suddenly very cold. Dropping 30 to 40 degrees in the course of a few days is very difficult to adjust to gracefully. Yesterday I couldn’t find a sweater, so I wore a t-shirt and a scarf. I think I need to buy a really cute winter coat. Hopefully it’s not too rainy this year. Last year I wore my black raincoat everyday to work and hardly took it off, as our offices do not have overhangs or covered hallways between them. My nickname should have been Trinity.
- It cannot be Christmas. You’re joking with me, right? Where did the year go? I haven’t even bought The BF’s sunglasses I promised him for his birthday in May! My mom claims that this year I can get away with not buying presents since I am a new homeowner. Frak that, I love presents. I love giving them, and it’s not so bad receiving them. What’s on your list?
- TV watching has been the only normal thing in our household. All is right in the world when I have a full schedule! You can stop reading now if you are not a TV freak like me…
- Girl Friday’s TV Rants and Raves:
My beef with Veronica Mars: Apparently I’m triple evil because I’m a feminist sorority girl who works in university administration. Hmmm…
My thoughts on Gilmore Girls: Emily and Richard’s snarkiness was Hi-larious. Luke is a great daddy-o. Kids at Yale wear too much clothing when they party. Please tell me it’s because they’re cold, and not just boring prudes?
My assessment of Studio 60: I can’t believe I’m saying this…Amanda Peet no longer irritates the crap out of me. That doesn’t mean I wanted to watch so much of her in lieu of quality Harriet and Matt time! And I LOVE LUCY DAVIS! She plays Lucy, the newbie writer. You may know her as Dawn from the UK’s The Office or Maria Lucas in the BBC’s Pride and Prejudice! She also had a cameo on Ugly Betty.
Speaking of Ugly Betty: Much love for Betty and Daniel. That is all.
Why Friday rocks: Where my pilots at? Latte Lady is just as impatient as I am to see Starbuck and Apollo throw down. Who needs Meredith for dark and twisty when you’ve got BSG?