Just a quick hello for tonight! Lucky 10-Key is tucked in bed and I’m still on a pilot high. Well, none of my favorites actually flew, but my favorite Bad Ass Gal Pal rocked it.
Here’s a recipe for a fabulous weekend you can sample with your very own gal pal:
- Don’t plan. Plans cramp my style sometimes. Have a loose idea of what you want to do, but be flexible. You never know when it’s going to rain, and when you leave the day to chance the day will take you to amazing places.
- Eat right. Let your stomach set the itinerary. Lucky 10-Key has asked to go to two of her favorite spots. Avoid chains. Go to local establishments with a bit of history and flair. Have your favorite snacks and drinks on hand. When considering Peanut M&Ms versus Almond M&Ms—buy both.
- Take a breather. You don’t have to leave the comfort of your own couch to have a good time. Watch your favorite movies, catch up on TV, gossip, make cocktails and reminisce. Enjoy your friend’s company while you can!
- Make it personal. Do things that are unique and special to the two of you as friends. Lucky 10-Key and I are going to hit up So Good Jewelry. It’s one of our stomping grounds in Soho, but now there’s one here. She’s insisting that I confiscate her credit card. What are friends for?
- Serve over ice. Pop some bubbly or mix something potent and serve it with a twist. Nothing goes better with two old friends than a martini. Don’t forget the cocktail napkins!