I have been meaning to update, but work and life has been nuts. I still haven’t had the chance to take pictures of my place since the latest addition of a dining room table and new kitchen floor and baseboards. I swear I’ll get to it soon.
Some things to chew on while you wait…Ten very random facts about yours truly.
1. I am a total foodie, but I rarely like my own cooking and I derive almost no joy from cooking. I really just like the pictures in cookbooks. My mom gives me cookbooks every year for Christmas and they suck because I can’t even use them for entertainment purposes because they just have text, no pretty pictures. I guess it’s because the food is ugly? These books have dishes with names like Cheesy Burger Divan Pie. I would never eat something like that…
2. I steal pens. I order them for my desk at work and somehow they all end up in my purse. If I don’t steal them first, annoying coworkers will steal my pens and leave me with just the half-chewed pencils (and it’s not me that chews pencils, I swear!). I also steal notepads. I have at least ten in my house from various offices I used to temp at and my current job, too. What can I say? I never know when an idea will strike!
3. I am terrible at remembering people’s birthdays unless they are in the month of May. I could know you for ten years and only vaguely remember the month. I will check my old cell phone bills and or credit card bills to figure out the exact day if possible.
4. I kill plants. I can’t keep anything alive. I over water, I under water, etc.
5. I am a stationary whore. I can never bear to use the last card from a set either.
6. In elementary school we had to participate in the May Dance. Each grade had to learn a traditional square or folk dance. The topper was doing the dance around the May Pole with the ribbons in sixth grade. It’s that time of year so I guess I’m all sentimental.
7. I live by the beach but I don’t remember the last time I walked in the sand or got in the water.
8. I love watching Gilmore Girls, but I hate Rory. I’m not really sure I have ever liked her…She makes me feel very unaccomplished. And when I whine I don’t get all doe-eyed, I just look like a brat.
9. I iron my clothes, pair all my socks, and make my bed with military corners.
10. I am only nervous right before an interview, and when I used to dance I got nervous right before I went stage. For about 15 minutes I am full of nervous energy, but then…it’s show time. Hopefully today’s interview won’t make a liar out of me. It’s an interview at the main administration building for the university. Wish me luck.